Travel News for September 30th 2011 through October 3rd 2011
Bringing you what’s new in travel for September 30th 2011 through October 3rd 2011:
- Healthy habits of happiness – Holy Kaw! –
- That's Ridiculous! Airlines Charge Fees to Use My Credit Card – posted this over on Frommer's : Will major domestic airlines start charging fees if you pay by credit card? Here's a look at how some international airlines are testing out these so-called convenience fees — and whether or not U.S. carriers could follow.
- Photo Tour of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner Factory Floor | Airline Reporter | Blogging on the airline business –
- David Parker BrownUnited's first Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
It is always a special treat to get inside the Boeing Factory. Even more so, when one is able to bring a camera. During the standard Boeing Factory tour, guests are not allowed to take any photos. Even during special media events where Boeing has allowed cameras, they have not allowed journalists the opportunity to be on the 787 factory floor. During ANA’s delivery event, media was invited to take a tour of the 787 Dreamliner line, on the factory floor and I show all text
- Travel Day: SEA-DCA – FlightBlogger – Aviation News, Commentary and Analysis –
Travel Day: SEA-DCA, originally uploaded by flightblogger. Well, the week's a wrap for me. I'm heading back to DC just in time for 5-14 inches of snow. So my weekend plans will consist of some serious indoor R&R. Heading back home…
- Cargolux reaches deal to take first Boeing 747-8 | Boeing and Aerospace News – seattlepi.com –
- Aubrey CohenBoeing 747-8 Freighter launch customer Cargolux has reached a deal with engine maker GE to accept the first of the new airplanes, Qatar Airways CEO Akbar Al Baker said Friday. If the airline’s board approves the agreement next Friday, Cargolux will take delivery around Oct.12. Cargolux had been set to take the airplane on Sept.19, [...]
- Lockerz.com : Future of Flight’s Photo –
Future of Flight's Photo on Lockerz.com. Earn PTZ when you watch videos, connect with friends and shop on Lockerz.com. Turn your PTZ into prizes or discounts on top brands.
- Are You Going To Or Avoiding London 2012? – Michelle Baran recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Whether you want to attend the London 2012 Olympic Games or not, Britain wants you to know there are plenty of reasons for everyone to hop the pond next year.